Tuesday, February 15, 2011

{March Guest Designer}

Hi there!

Please help us welcome our March Guest Designer,
Alison McGuinn!
Check out her blog here!

My name is Alison McGuinn, I live in Margate, FL just a few miles away from Cherry Blossom Studio and have been a customer since 2006! I am a CPA working at a national accounting firm, but more importantly a mother to my two boys, Tyler 6 and Carter 3. I have been married to my husband Dan for 11 years now. I started scrapbooking in 2004, after the birth of my first son. He was born with various medical issues that caused me to stay home with him for 7 months. I desperately needed something to fill my days, and had always been crafty as a child. During that time, I saw a scrapbook that somebody else made and had watched an infomercial for a scrapbooking kit on TV. I thought the hobby looked like something I could do to fill my days while at home. My first album was of my wedding. I finished it in less than a week and I was hooked! I started realizing all the different manufacturers and products that were out there besides those that could be found at Target, WalMart or Michaels. I was introduced to Cherry Blossom Studio when my cousin gave me a gift card from the store for Christmas. I now say I work to fund my scrapbooking “habit”! I like to scrap mostly photos of our family outings and holidays and enjoy using products from all different manufactures, especially Basic Grey, Crate Paper and Pink Paislee. I don’t really have a specific style, and don’t “plan” my pages. I just start cutting and pasting and don’t stop until I like what I see, sometimes that process takes me 30 minutes to create a page and sometime 2 hours. I don’t believe in measuring! I’m so excited to have the opportunity to be a Guest Designer for Cherry Blossom Studio!
Photobucket

No comments: