Saturday, June 14, 2008

Me, teach a Class? lol

Ok you can all stop laughing now. I took today off and am cleaning house and doing laundryso I can go to girls night out and not feel guilty. We are going to see Sex and the City after the store closes. Beyond that I woke up this mornign and suddenly had a thought. I seem to always get one project a year done and it always seems to be a swatch for some line of product we carry. I have gotten really good at them. I decided that would be the one thing I could facilitate and not have people leave screaming. lol I got the computer going and filled out the form needed to teach a class at the store. Yes I know, I own the place but owner or employee there are guidelines to be followed and people to be accountable to. After speaking with Andrea(the Education Director for those that do not know) I put together the form and description and off it went in an email. I have decided to start a series of classes called Swatch Mania. What this means is that in each class we will create swatch tags for a particular product. Maybe you have 3 crackle paints but you woudl get if you knew the dried color actually matched your project. Whether you have all of them and do not want to open till you need it or are looking at getting some but want to make sure you truly like the color then these classes are perfect. In the case of Crackle Paint you will leave the class with 24 tags showcasing all the colors fo crackle paint on a ring. We will repeat this same concept for Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Dabber Paint, Cats Eyes, Dew Drops, Brilliance, Ranger Pigment Ink, Adirondack Pads and more. No more buying a product only to get home and find it truly does not match. The first class will be offered July 12th. So watch the event page of the website for further details. Also, if there is a particular swatch you are looking at creating email me. I will do it by popular vote.
That was my bright idea for the weekend. I am off to feed my crew and finish with the chores.

Happy Scrapping
Michelle